- An award-winning creative professional with 25 years of experience, the past 13 in management.
- Results-driven personality with excellent organizational, managerial, personal and computer skills.
- As a writer, covered everything from high schools to bowl games, Olympics, Super Bowl and Masters.
Co-owner, FastCopy Communications, Watkinsville, GA
- Founded and co-own, with wife, successful freelance writing and editing business that operates Fast Copy News Service.
- Write College Football Insider blog, notebooks, Q&A on the News for Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Wrote stories, columns, Twitter updates while covering Atlanta Braves for Fox Sports South in 2012.
- Wrote and edited college football and basketball briefs, stories on deadline for The Associated Press.
- Company contributed more than 1,000 stories to newspapers, magazines and websites in 2012.
- Develop story ideas, edit copy, write stories, video scripts and corporate materials on deadline.
April 2003-May 2007
Sports Editor, Athens Banner-Herald, Athens, Ga.
- Planned and put into action yearly budget, including salaries, travel and correspondents.
- Built 7-person staff into cohesive team that dominated circulation class in APSE and state contests.
- Hired, trained and coached writers, clerks and correspondents; mentored college students.
- Revamped yearly college football guide and weekly supplement into cutting-edge advertising tool.
- Partnered with other departments, designers, graphic artists to build and promote special packages.
- Wrote game stories, features, columns; designed and edited daily sections and special sections.
August 2001-March 2003
Assistant Sports Editor, Charlotte Sun, Port Charlotte, Fla.
- Helped manage six-person staff, coordinating writers, editors and photographers for daily newspaper.
- Covered NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the paper’s high profile beat, during Super Bowl title year.
- Redesigned yearly football guide into modern section that earned paper its first APSE award.
January 2001-August 2001
Sports Writer, Charlotte, N.C.
- Clients included AP, New York Daily News, Charlotte Observer and Charlotte Magazine.
July 1999-January 2001
Sports Editor, Crosswalk.com, Charlotte, N.C.
- Worked with team of designers to build Christian website’s sports channel and content tools.
- Assembled team of 25 freelance writers and contributors and directed daily editorial operation.
- Developed marketing initiatives that helped surpass company’s page view goals every quarter.
- Received monetary bonus for leading company’s top channel in terms of page views.
March 1999-July 1999
Sports Producer, CNN/SI.com, Atlanta, Ga.
- Supervised 10-man shift two nights a week and was responsible for editing and organizing pages.
- Helped create, and also wrote and produced CNN/SI.com’s first nightly e-mail newsletter.
- Worked with writers, other producers and assistant producers to plan projects and sections.
- Sports Copy Editor/Writer, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Atlanta May 1998-March 1999
- Sports Editor, Marietta Daily Journal, Marietta, Ga. Feb. 1998-April 1998
- Sports Writer, Augusta Chronicle, Augusta, Ga. July 1992-Jan. 1998
- Sports Writer, Athens Daily News/Banner-Herald, Athens, Ga. April 1988-July 1992
- BA, Journalism, University of Georgia, 1988
- AA, Young Harris College, 1986